SHOP FOR ITEMS for delivery by January 10th:
1) Sign up below to buy items; 2) Buy the items at any store or online. We’ve created an Amazon Wish List but you can shop anywhere; and 3) Drop off items or have them shipped to Congregation Beth Jacob, 1550 Alameda de las Pulgas, Redwood City CA 94061. If you want to drop off items in person, please come during office hours Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm, Fri 9am-2pm (ring the call box if door is locked). Alternative drop-off locations: Sunnyvale (text or call Rachel at 650-274-3231 for address); Redwood Shores (text or call Linda at 650-248-5322).
DONATE FUNDS by January 8th: Too busy to shop? Donate money online here and we’ll do the shopping! For the donation Type select “Social Action (Tikkun Olam)” and in the Payment Notes please type “MLK Day”. Or send a check to us at the address above and put “MLK Day” in the memo line.
If you would also like to volunteer at one of the many service projects on January 15th, please sign up at the Peninsula Multifaith Coalition project site. Several projects are kid-friendly, so it’s a great day for families to do community service together.
Questions? Please contact Linda at LindaLeeb@gmail.com or 650-248-5322.
****MLK Day Project Captains Needed
In order to make MLK Day of Service a success, we need help from all of the PMC liaisons to be project captains. If you are unable to help out, please find someone else from your faith house to be a captain on MLK Day.
The following projects need captains:
· Prepare and Serve Breakfast at the LDS Church.
· Help at Schools- projects are still being defined.
· Maybe painting posters, building benches, kindness rocks… 3-4 project captains needed
· Singing at Senior Center – helping the song leader
· Song leader for Singing.
· Decorating Pillowcases for Life Moves
· Assembling Science Kits for Elementary age school children
· Foster City Bay Cleanup
Please contact me or Nurdin if you have any questions or can volunteer to be a project captain.